Sunday, January 29, 2012

Terrified

Right now I feel like I've been floating on the wide, endless sea for years. I forget the last time I have seen land, felt the earth, and smelled something other than salty sea-water.

Day after day, just different shades of blue.

Months after months of endless waves, with their gentle swish putting me to sleep; or their unpredictable anger that churns the surface.

Years of nothing but a dim line that barely separates the sea from the sky.

But tomorrow as the sun comes up I will see land. The sun will shine a different color; a vibrant orange and red that will drown out the calm blue. The wind will blow strong and push me further, faster, towards the coast.

Tomorrow I will step foot onto new soil, and I am perfectly terrified by that prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment