Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Frog Prince

So since I've been bugging my dad incessantly about getting the iPhone 4S, he decided to check out the plans for himself.

No, I didn't get it yet. If I did the title would be in obnoxious capital letters with lots of exclamation marks. Keep an eye out for it within this week.

Anyway, we walked down the the Maxis store in BVII to check out their plan. Even though I've told my dad what I want, he still likes Maxis. What is up with these people.

Side note: I'll be getting a 64 GB white iPhone 4S. I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND TWO WEEKS AGO YES I DID. >:D

Okay, so it was a little more expensive than I expected. Maxis, I mean. DiGi=fav. (Seriously, what is up with these people?!)

Then here comes the part where it's relevant to the title: I got freaked out by a toad.

Yeah, I was doing that thing you do (what song is this?? Every time I think those words there's thing song on loop)- I mean, trying to balance LIKE A BOSS on the curb of the roads when this rustle came from the grass growing in the cracks just as I was about to take another step. I, to put it simply, freaked out.

Because my family is nosy, we stopped and stared (OneRepublic FTW!!). Fortunately the street was rather well lit and out of the tiny bushels of grass and miscellaneous weeds poked a little head with beady eyes!

IT. WAS. SO. CUTE.

Okay so maybe I should explain that yes, I like frogs and toads. ._. When I was young I had this game called Toad and Frog and everyday after kindergarten I'd put it in the (then very awesome) computer and play the game until dinner time. Then a few years passed and everybody was upgrading their computers and I started going to primary school, and when I remembered it, I was too old and the computer was too new to play it anymore. Damn, I miss that game. So yeah, it explains why I like frogs and toads.

But I digress. We were discussing toads when these little kitties sneaked up behind us, eyes fixed firmly on the frog. I hate those cats. Basically, I hate most cats in Bangsar because they're not afraid of humans, beg for food, noisy and have this goddamned attitude. Why do cats even need attitude?! They tried to eat the toad, even after I hissed at them and tried to chase them away. So that make my two options go down to one: I have got to save that toad. I can't just leave it there to die. OMG that would be cruel. To both the frog and me.

So, because I was a pussy, I bugged my dad to catch the toad. (My dad complained to my mum that these 'city kids' don't know how to do shit. "Back then when we were kids, we caught frogs for dinner in the padi fields." I know my dad is lying, because I've been to his hometown. They've got no padi fields.) He caught it (I was actually a little worried he squished it) and handed it to me. He also said, "I think it peed on my hand.", which was more comical than it was supposed to be. I was prepared for wet and slimy, so I didn't freak out much, but as I was walking back home, I agreed with my dad. I think is was peeing on my hand.

I let it go in this little pond we've got outside our house. I hope that when I go out tomorrow I'd still see it. Even more importantly, I hope it didn't take a leap of faith and jump out of the pond, because there's a 1.3 meter drop to the drain below.

(No pictures, because none of us brought a phone. I know, sad right. If I had my iPhone though, that would be a different story.)

2 comments:

  1. lol~ it's just too funny!! XDD *thumbs up*
    p/s: get your iphone fast!! ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear, being a "city child", uve done more n whole lot better already..SERIOUS~!

    the onli thing i did was chasing chickens...==

    i still dun dare to catch or hold a frog or toad...

    URE AWESOME~!!!XDDD *thumbs up~!*

    ReplyDelete