Friday, January 11, 2013

Hooligans in the Park

It is sad how people these days can't seem to sit back and enjoy life as it comes by. Maybe they think that's for pussies, or that there's no point in being "lazy" and doing nothing. Why must everything be in a rush? Why must you do everything with a frown on your face? Why must everything be so serious?

When was the last time you called someone special and spent the whole day together doing absolutely nothing in particular?

Le petit ami and I were hanging about Kiara Hill one afternoon, and just talking. It was great being able to talk endlessly about everything and anything. Just feeling content and happy. SEE IT IS GREAT TO HAVE A BEST FRIEND BOYFRIEND JUST SAYING OKAY.

We sat on the pavement after we finished a round mostly cuz I was tired. Conversation didn't stop though... Until some guy came up to us and told us unkindly to shut up because we were talking too loud and bothering people and that they were laughing at us since we were at a public place. Apparently you can't talk in Kiara Hill, because it's improper. Then he left with the air of someone who had 'set things right'. Like those ridiculously religious people who tells people that gays are unnatural and should change to being heterosexual instead. Because it is 'proper'.

I felt really bummed after that; what was a perfectly awesome afternoon jarred me uncomfortably from my rooted sense of contentment and bliss. How tragic.

Imagine if I was with my mother and talking animatedly. Would we have been interrupted? What if a pair of male best friends just hung out and talked about football and shoved each other around like proper bros do; would they have been asked to be quiet for being too noisy? Why is it always the couples that get the short end of the stick- that people tend to frown upon or disagree or turn away in contempt. We're still perfectly capable social beings y'know. Just because we're stupidly in love doesn't mean we're completely in another world. Neither does it mean that we're going to take this negative shit from you.

Love used to be so much more hopeful. Now it's just something that's dragged through mud and thrown across the street.

I have no idea whether that man genuinely thought it was his duty to tell us to shut up, or that he was in a bad mood, or that he felt it was inappropriate for us to act like we were- or that we really were being inappropriate- but I think I could have lived with not knowing the fact that we bothered other people.

Perhaps I'm just thinking too much about this; perhaps it was a lesson to be learned... But it's itching at the back of my mind. And questions are floating up again.

Then again I usually take advice from the fates.

Either way I suppose this would be the appropriate place to remind myself

No comments:

Post a Comment