Monday, April 25, 2016

Of Distant Memories

It has been much too long since I've heard the electrical kettle boil.

I washed it, because I had already forgotten how long the leftover water had been sitting there. A thin layer of dust had sat untouched on the surface of the white plastic. It had been in the corner all this time.

As I pour myself a hot cereal drink- something that's like Nestum, but can never pass for Nestum- I think back to the last time I have had hot cereal drinks. Certainly not within these few months. And I realize that time has flown by so quickly. It should be shocking. It's already late April. Soon it will be May. Then June. Then it will be six months. Half a year. Absolutely, numbingly, shocking.

I miss those nights when the kettle would boil and I would smell thai tea and hot cereal drinks. The warmth in a cold room. Flashing lights, Netflix, games. Sometimes I'd bend over my homework, sometimes I'd look over my mess of a table with you, but most times it's just enjoying the moments.

I miss those moments.

I miss you.

My hot cereal drink is too hot to drink now. If I leave it alone it will grow too cold. And so is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment