Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Reason Why I Love Starbucks

It's not that I love their coffee, or even coffee for that matter. I do concede that the drinks are pretty good. Expensive and pricey, but yummy. Though Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has better coffee just saying. 

Okay so I won't even pretend to be an expert in coffee. I'm a noob in this coffee business, all I've ever had is mocha fraps so I can pretend to like coffee while actually I'm just in it for the chocolate and whipped cream and chocolate drizzle yum. Fattening sugary things to satisfy my craving for sweets.

Ever since I started studying in Taylor's I've been drinking Starbucks more frequently- granted it's just right there, and also it's 7205239485234 times better than Chatime. I doubt it's social pressure, though it could contribute to why I am willing to spend a meal's worth of money on sugared coffee drinks.

I always enjoy my Starbucks. Be it my own drink or two sips of a friend's cup when they're not looking, it's always when I'm surrounded by friends. A warm day with a chilled drink in hand, walking into SLC to see the TAS people and my ADP family. Sharing stories and laughter over Starbucks coffee- it's probably a part of uni life I'd miss terribly.

Starbucks also managed to bring out the generosity of le petit ami... Buying me Starbucks during their Buy 1 Free 1 promotion many months back gave us ample opportunities to spend some time knowing each other better. Such a darling he is.


The Starbucks card I'm holding now was given to me for free by a friend- a very pleasant surprise indeed. We weren't all that close- indeed I was only friends due to a close mutual friend- but it's warming to see how some people are simply just nice.

Starbucks makes me happy. I guess that's reason enough to be a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment