Thursday, July 3, 2014

Clear Blue Skies

It is strange, that I feel completely at home.

Yes I miss people and places and food (oh yes, the food, don't get me started on the food) but here in San Jose, where "hot" is "warm" and "warm" is "cold" in Malaysian weather, it is surprisingly... comfortable.

Day 4: It hasn't rained yet. There are actually no clouds in the sky. Not a single one. Everyday, bright blue skies. At most there may be streams of thin clouds, but otherwise it is clear. In fact I doubt that it'll rain at all this week.
View from the 101.

One thing I love about this weather is that you can walk anywhere. Come high noon just put on a cap (and sunblock!) and walk... Nothing at all compared to Malaysia... The sun is up and warm but it's hard to sweat if you take it slow. In short; nothing at all like the heatwave everyday back home.


It's taking a while to sink in that this is "summer"... Now I understand why people don't mind walking ten blocks, or love the sun with such passion. Instead of seeking shade as I walk, I actually walk in the sun to catch some warmth in my hands... I'm pretty sure I'm doing it because I'm not quite yet used to the temperature, but it is really comfortable, the little bit of warmth that caresses skin.

Malaysian street view

The people are friendly, the neighborhood more so. The street I live on is beautiful, each house with personality and carefully maintained gardens, trees with various shades of color (forest green, light green, golden, purple!), the street free of litter but instead decorated with cute drawings in chalk.

Unrelated, but Penang. Heh!

This place... makes me happy.

You'd love it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment